This week we're featuring Manny Granillo's third gen build! Give him a follow on Instagram to keep up with his build - @that.taco.guy
What mods have you done to your Tacoma? Suspension, interior, recovery, everything!
- OME 886 springs
- OME Firm struts
- HD Dakars
- OME Sport struts
- RCI rock sliders
- RCI Full skid package
- RCI Bed rack
- Smittybilt overland roof top tent
- Nitro gears - 5.29
- 17" American Outlaw All Star wheels
- BFGoodrich KO2 - 285/70/17
What is the most unique or surprising mod you have done to your Tacoma?
- I'd easily say that the most surprising mod was when I regeared to 5.29s. It is like a new truck again with all of the added weight.
More importantly than the truck, is the person behind the wheel! Can you tell us about yourself? Where you are from? What got you into the wheeling community?
- I originally grew up in Northern Arizona in a small town called Williams. My passion for the outdoors started there when I was young when going out with my father to cut wood and haul it home for the winter season. We would haul wood in a 1976 Ford F-100 long bed 460 2wd. It intrigued me to see how my father would navigate the wooded areas and never get stuck even when fully loaded. Fast forward to today and my Tacoma is my first 4x4 truck. I now share similar experiences with my son when we go camping and hit trails. From time to time, I let him take the wheel as he's taken a liking to off-roading and camping.
Where has your truck been? What awesome stories do you have from being on the trails?
- I have been to a fair amount of trails within Arizona ranging from beginner trails like East Table Mesa to more technical trails such as Broken Arrow in Sedona tackling the Devil's Staircase. Eventually I would like to venture out of Arizona and see what wheeling experiences some surrounding states have to offer.
In your words, what is the best thing about being apart of the tacoma community?
- The support system. There are so many seasoned members that offer build guidance and suggestions based on personal experience.
Want your Tacoma featured? Send in a submission by clicking on the "Build Entry" button at the top of our website. We love seeing all of the great builds in depth! It really gives everyone the ability to see how many options there really is.
Awesome build and story behind it! Worthy feature Tacoma Nation!!